This page lists the changes made to PEDro in the last internet update.
- PEDro update on Monday 1 December 2014
- PEDro now indexes over 29,000 reports of trials, reviews and guidelines
- PEDro search tip – you don’t need an App to search PEDro
- Links to latest updates
- PEDro simple and advanced search videos now available in Korean and Italian
- PEDro scale now available in French-Canadian
- How to stay informed about PEDro updates
- Next update of PEDro and “What’s new”
PEDro is updated once per month, usually on the first Monday of the calendar month. The most recent update of PEDro occurred on Monday 1 December 2014.
PEDro contains 29,061 records. In the 1 December 2014 update you will find:
- 23,379 reports of randomised controlled trials (22,606 of these trials have confirmed ratings of methodological quality using the PEDro scale)
- 5,167 reports of systematic reviews, and
- 515 reports of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
The next update is scheduled for Monday 12 January 2015.
We are pleased to announce that over 29,000 reports of randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines evaluating physiotherapy interventions are now indexed on PEDro.
You can search PEDro to access 29,000+ reports of trials, reviews and guidelines evaluating physiotherapy interventions directly from any electronic device without an App.
The entire PEDro web-site has a responsive design, which means that the layout changes in response to the screen size and orientation of your device. So you can use PEDro from your desktop computer, and your tablet or your smart phone in landscape or in portrait orientation. The responsive design means that PEDro responds to your screen size and orientation to enable optimal viewing. This makes reading easier and minimises the need for resizing and scrolling, so navigation is simpler.
In October 2014 nearly 10% of all sessions on the PEDro home-page were from mobile devices (tablets and smart phones). We are expecting that this mobile usage will increase rapidly because of current trends in internet usage. For example, in 2013 the mobile device share of internet traffic was 37% in the United Kingdom.
You don’t need an App to search PEDro.
Updates for the 1 December 2014 version of PEDro are now available. You can access them simply by visiting the Updates page of the PEDro web-site. Alternatively, you can use one of the links below:
- Cardiothoracics (22 new records available)
- Continence and women’s health (20 new records available)
- Ergonomics and occupational health (3 new records available)
- Gerontology (33 new records available)
- Musculoskeletal (56 new records available)
- Neurology (32 new records available)
- Oncology (5 new records available)
- Orthopaedics (15 new records available)
- Paediatrics (21 new records available)
- Sports (9 new records available)
- Chronic pain (22 new records available)
- Neurotrauma (1 new record available)
- Whiplash (1 new record available)
We are pleased to announce that the “PEDro simple search” and “PEDro advanced search” videos are now available in both Korean and Italian. We acknowledge the contributions of PEDro employee Jooeun Song (who translated and recorded the Korean videos) and PEDro volunteer Silvia Terzi (who translated and recorded the Italian videos).
We are pleased to announce that the PEDro scale is now available in French-Canadian. A manuscript evaluating the translation will be published in the journal “Physiotherapy Canada” in 2015.
We acknowledge the work of the team led by Professor Lucie Brosseau (Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada), who formally translated the PEDro scale into French-Canadian.
There are three ways to be notified when PEDro updates occur:
- following PEDro on Twitter – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- following PEDro on Facebook – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- subscribing to the PEDro email list – please contact us if you would like to be added to this list
The next update of PEDro and “What’s new” is scheduled for Monday 12 January 2015.