This page lists the changes made to PEDro in the last internet update.
- PEDro update on Monday 3 June 2013
- Apologies for unplanned PEDro outages
- How to select records and email search results
- Links to latest updates
- How to stay informed about PEDro updates
- Next update of PEDro and “What’s new”
PEDro is updated once per month, usually on the first Monday of the calendar month. The most recent update of PEDro occurred on Monday 3 June 2013.
PEDro contains 24,458 records. In the 3 June 2013 update you will find:
- 19,941 randomised controlled trials (18,653 of these trials have confirmed ratings of methodological quality using the PEDro scale)
- 4,087 systematic reviews, and
- 430 evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
The next update is scheduled for Monday 1 July 2013.
Some users have experienced difficulty accessing the PEDro search function over the past 6 months due unplanned PEDro outages. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these outages. We have been working to make the PEDro search more reliable, and there has been a significant restructure of the web-hosting of PEDro with the June 2013 update which should prevent any further unplanned outages.
One feature of PEDro which is not commonly used is the ability to select records and then emailing the search results. One benefit of using this feature is that the emailed search results can be imported easily into reference management software like EndNote. The steps involved are:
- Select any reports of trials, reviews and guidelines which you are interested in using the “Select” link next to each record in the “Search Results” page or the “Select This Record” link at the top of the “Detailed Search Results” page.
- View the selected records using the “Display Selected Records” link, which is at the top of both the “Search Results” and “Detailed Search Results” pages.
- The selected records can be sent to an email address using the “Email Results” link, which is at the top of the “Display Selected Records” page.
In the June 2013 update of PEDro we have removed a bug which prevented the delivery of some emailed search results.
Updates for the 3 June 2013 version of PEDro are now available. You can access them simply by visiting the Updates page of the PEDro web-site. Alternatively, you can use one of the links below:
- Cardiothoracics (13 new records available)
- Continence and women’s health (20 new records available)
- Ergonomics and occupational health (3 new records available)
- Gerontology (24 new records available)
- Musculoskeletal (27 new records available)
- Neurology (21 new records available)
- Oncology (12 new records available)
- Orthopaedics (6 new records available)
- Paediatrics (14 new records available)
- Sports (4 new records available)
- Chronic pain (11 new records available)
- Neurotrauma (1 new records available)
- Whiplash (1 new record available)
There are three ways to be notified when PEDro updates occur:
- following PEDro on Twitter – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- following PEDro on Facebook – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- subscribing to the PEDro email list – please contact us if you would like to be added to this list
The next update of PEDro and “What’s new” is scheduled for Monday 1 July 2013.