This page lists the changes made to PEDro in the last internet update.
- PEDro 15th anniversary
- PEDro update on Tuesday 7 October 2014
- PEDro search tip
- Links to latest updates
- How to stay informed about PEDro updates
- Next update of PEDro and “What’s new”
October 2014 is the 15th anniversary of PEDro. We are planning a number of activities to celebrate 15 years of PEDro informing physiotherapy practice, education and research. These will include highlighting conditions which can be treated by physiotherapy exercise and busting some common myths, as well as announcing the top 15 trials in physiotherapy.
The PEDro top 15 trials in physiotherapy were launched on Monday 20 October 2014.
PEDro is updated once per month, usually on the first Monday of the calendar month. The most recent update of PEDro occurred on Tuesday 7 October 2014 (this was 1 day later than usual because Monday 6 October was a public holiday in Australia).
PEDro contains 28,600 records. In the 7 Octboer 2014 update you will find:
- 23,049 reports of randomised controlled trials (22,264 of these trials have confirmed ratings of methodological quality using the PEDro scale)
- 5,039 reports of systematic reviews, and
- 512 reports of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
The next update is scheduled for Monday 3 November 2014.
You do not need to use Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) when doing a PEDro search. Text words are automatically combined with “AND” in PEDro. This applies to the text fields in the PEDro Advanced search (that is, “Abstract & Title”, “Author/Assocation”, “Title Only” and “Source”) and the PEDro Simple search.
Updates for the 7 October 2014 version of PEDro are now available. You can access them simply by visiting the Updates page of the PEDro web-site. Alternatively, you can use one of the links below:
- Cardiothoracics (32 new records available)
- Continence and women’s health (32 new records available)
- Ergonomics and occupational health (4 new records available)
- Gerontology (44 new records available)
- Musculoskeletal (57 new records available)
- Neurology (42 new records available)
- Oncology (21 new records available)
- Orthopaedics (10 new records available)
- Paediatrics (25 new records available)
- Sports (8 new records available)
- Chronic pain (32 new records available)
- Neurotrauma (5 new record available)
- Whiplash (1 new record available)
There are three ways to be notified when PEDro updates occur:
- following PEDro on Twitter – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- following PEDro on Facebook – the link is now in the footer of all pages in the PEDro home-page
- subscribing to the PEDro email list – please contact us if you would like to be added to this list
The next update of PEDro and “What’s new” is scheduled for Monday 3 November 2014.