The Centre of Evidence-Based Physiotherapy (CEBP) was established in 1999 by a small group of clinical and academic physiotherapists. It is now based at The George Institute for Global Health.
The CEBP’s mission is to maximise the effectiveness of physiotherapy services by facilitating the clinical application of the best available evidence. The CEBP believes that “effective physiotherapy is people-centred, prevention-focused, safe and technically proficient, based on the best evidence available, and managed efficiently”.
The CEBP functions as a non-profit organisation to facilitate physiotherapy research and implementation of effective physiotherapy through consultation with:
- professional organisations (including member organisations of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy)
- purchasers of physiotherapy services (including third party and worker’s compensation regulating authorities and insurance companies, and health funds)
- providers of physiotherapy (including physiotherapy departments, area health authorities, and private practitioners)
- physiotherapy registration and licensing authorities
- physiotherapy teaching programs
- groups representing the interests of consumers.